Richard E. De La Rosa
Mr. De La Rosa was born and raised in the Bay Area. He has been a successful business owner for over 35 years.
Rich has been an insurance agency owner, retail store owner as well as a leader in
the non-profit sector.
As a business and community leader, Rich is involved in a number of organizations like the
San Jose Conservation Corps and Charter School and the Enterprise Foundation.
Because of his active involvement in these organizations, Rich has developed strong
relationships with department heads within the City of San Jose.
For example Rich's positive relationship with the City Manager and staff as well as
cooperative relationship with City Auditor, helped get approved funding which created jobs
for the San Jose Conservation Corps and Charter School.
As the president of De La Rosa Latin American Imports, a store located in the
Tropicana Shopping Center, Rich's positive relationship with the
city staff was crucial in preventing
the City of San Jose from taking the Tropicana Shopping Center under eminent domain.
As an Executive board member of the San Jose Police Foundation, SJPF,
Rich created the major fundraiser for the SJPF which has raised over one quarter of a million dollars
Education and Professional License
West Valley College majoring in Business
Professional Affiliations & Community Activities
- Forest Consulting, LLC - Owner since 2011
- De La Rosa Latin American Imports, Inc. - President since 2000
- From 1976 to 2011, De La Rosa Insurance Agency - Owner since 1996
- Rosewood Inc., dba Fanta Sea Aquarium - President from 1979 to 1986
- Enterprise Foundation (SBDC) - President since 2012
- San Jose Conservation Corps and Charter School, former President for 2 terms and currently and Executive Board Member
- 2011 San Jose Redistricting Advisory Commission - Chair
- San Jose Police Foundation, Founding Member and former President from 2006 to 2011
- Mayor Chuck Reed's Transition Team, Member
- Story Road Tamale Festival, former President and Founder
- San Jose Downtown Rotary, former member
- Almaden Business Association, former President and a Founding Member
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, former Interim Executive Director
- Story Road Business Association, former President
- Involved in the election campaigns of San Jose City City Officials